Osijek - grad kulture
City galleries Osijek
The City Galleries Osijek is a public cultural institution established by the City of Osijek in 2005.
The Folklore Ensemble „Pearls of Slavonia“ Osijek
The Ensemble is the chief organizer of the international event „Pearls of Europe“ for children and youth aged 10 to 17 years featuring folklore heritage of different European countries and the event has been organized in Osijek since 1991.
Croatian state archives in Osijek
Croatia State Archives in Osijek is a public institution founded by the Republic of Croatia and the territorial jurisdiction now extends to the area of Osijek-Baranja County and is one of 18 regional archives.
Museum of Slavonia Osijek
Museum of Slavonia was established in 1877 as a Museum of the Free and Royal City of Osijek. From the initial donation of the Osijek’s wholesaler Franjo Sedlaković until today the Museum became one of the largest general-type museums in the Republic of Croatia.
A capella band Akvarel
Akvarel is a bit wacky, interesting and vigorous a capella band from Osijek performing pop and rock songs without instrument music.
Croatian national theatre Osijek
Osijek has a long and rich theatre tradition. The history of Croatian National Theatre in Osijek goes far back to 1735 when the first performance in Latin was given in the Jesuitical Grammar School. In the middle of the following century there were different German theatres and theatre groups that gave their performances on the stage in Osijek.
Choral Society of St. Joseph Osijek
The Society operates since 1994 with the aim to cherish and popularize choir singing and musical heritage of church songs through concerts of sacral music.
Croatian Cultural Artistic Society «Željezničar» Osijek
Croatian Cultural Artistic Society “Željezničar” Osijek was founded in 1925. In the beginning its activities were bound to the work of the choir and brass band, but in 1930 the folklore and tamburitza section started with its work.
Croatian Choral Society «Lipa» Osijek
The Croatian Choir Society “Lipa” was founded in 1876 on the initiative of Bogdan Penjić, the first president of the Society and it exists under the same name since than.